Since Iran is located in one of the arid regions of the world and its annual rainfall is low, and on the other hand, these rains have improper time and space distribution, as well as the droughts that have occurred in our country in the last twenty years, the farmers have no choice but to make good use of the water at their disposal, because the level of groundwater aquifers in the country decreases every year, gradually reducing water resources in this country.
Moreover, water losses during irrigation are high by surface or traditional irrigation methods, and irrigation efficiency in the used traditional methods is a maximum of 25-40%.
Therefore, we have to replace the new methods of irrigation, which are known as pressurized irrigation, with surface or traditional irrigation methods. Among the new methods, drip irrigation has more advantages than other methods of pressurized irrigation, and is more suitable than other common irrigation methods to be used in the farms that have a saline water source. In the drip irrigation system, which is one of the products of Alborz Polymer Jey Co., the plant is watered near its root growing area to wet a small area and depth of soil surface. Drip irrigation can be used to significantly reduce water loss.
DRIP IRRIGATION SYSTEMThe irrigation system with the tape strip is made of polyethylene and, unlike the hard polyethylene pipe, it is almost flat and very soft. In fact, the tape strips have a soft and flexible material that fills when water enters it, and water droplets come out through the drippers embedded in the type irrigation pipe, and after the end of irrigation, the type strip becomes flat again. The wall thickness of the tape strip is very thin and the distance between the drippers in the irrigation strip is different and thicker tapes are commonly used for subsurface irrigation of different plants. Irrigation tapes are produced for different methods of drip irrigation (surface and subsurface) and different plants, with a great variety in terms of thickness and distance between drippers or seams. However, the most widely used type is irrigation tape with a thickness of 175 µ and 200 µ with watering intervals of 10 and 20 cm. Usually, Iranian irrigation pipes are of the seamed type and foreign irrigation strips are of the plaque type (with drippers). The drip irrigation system tape has a dripper, but the seamed type has no drippers, and instead there is a zigzag (zip-like) path next to it that breaks the water pressure so that the droplets come out through the seams and reach the foot of the plant. It is famous for its armpits. Another type of it has holes in the strip, which is known as the “seam in the middle”.
ADVANTAGES OF USING TYPE BAR
The most important advantages of drip irrigation tape are the following:
- Easy and fast installation
- Convenient transportation of rolls due to light weight
- Possibility of being used in most fields and vestibules, with limited unevenness and without the need to level the ground
- Simple and inexpensive connections, with the ability to easily operate them manually
- Polymer material for the tape prevents algae and mineral deposits from sticking to it
- Resistant against UV radiation, chemical fertilizers, pesticides, pesticides and agricultural sprays
- Significant savings in water consumption
- Increasing the product efficiency
- Possibility of mechanized laying down by tractor at the beginning of the crop season
- Preventing the development and growth of weeds in the agricultural land
- The drip irrigation tapes require low water pressure to be used (about 1 Atm)